Northland Pathology was established in the early 60’s since then we have grown then from a small team consisting of 5 technical staff to now having over 50 staff working within the company including 9 pathologists.
Our central laboratory site is in Whangarei yet our service extends to healthcare professionals throughout the whole Northland region.
We offer a wide range of diagnostic tests in Biochemistry, Haematology, Microbiology, Immunology and Histology/Cytology and are equipped with modern analysers and state of the art computer systems that ensure the majority of routine patient test results are reported back to the requesting doctors within 24 hours of specimen collection.
Northland Pathology is IANZ accredited and our team is committed to ensuring diagnostic excellence. We aim to build relationships for life with our community and healthcare professionals, and work in close relationship with the other APHG laboratories in New Zealand.
For more information about Northland Pathology contact:
- Tel: 09 438 4243 – For General Enquiries
- Tel: 09 438 4714 – For Collections, Test Appointments, Home Collects & Consumable Orders
Northland Pathology operates under the following STAR values;
- We strive to provide the highest standard of health care
- We look for new opportunities/ways to improve our care and service
- We seek to understand and exceed expectations
Teamwork and Integrity
- Our workmates know they can rely on the team
- We are open and honest in all our communications with each other
- We embrace constructive feedback and recognise achievements
- We earn each others’ respect and receive it in return
- We look to the future, always ensuring that we have stable platforms from which to build
- Continuous learning and creativity are integral to our jobs and the success of our company
- We are proactive and innovative in response to new and emerging industry and community opportunities and needs
- We are accountable to our colleagues, our patients and stakeholders, our company and our shareholders
- Our decisions are made with a balanced focus on financial security and service excellence
- Services are delivered in a way that incorporates the principles of Treaty of Waitangi and acknowledges cultural diversity.